Bark, sniff, and lick your way through the apocalypse to save the hoomans you love! Good Dog, Bad Zombie is a cooperative board game where everyone plays together as a heroic dog pack. Together, you’ll explore a post-apocalyptic city while sniffing out scents, barking at the undead, and herding hoomans to safety.
- Play as eight different dogs, each with unique powers to help rescue hoomans in hiding.
- Take actions on your turn like, “I’m going to lick myself for two energy.”
- Cooperative play that’ll have you howling with joy!
- 2 - 4 players, 45 to 60 minutes to play
- You can even play the game as your own dog! Use the custom dog card creator here.
- Want to add even more content to your good dog experience? You can read about and purchase the Weird Smells and Unlikely Allies expansions to Good Dog, Bad Zombie here!
Good Dog, Bad Zombie Gameplay Overview:
Zombies roam the city, but you and your doggo friends have found refuge in Central Bark. Cooperate as a pack to sniff out hoomans in hiding and bring them back to safety! On each turn you’ll choose two actions:
• RUNNING through the city to get to friends or smells.
• LICKING yourself or others, drawing you energy cards.
• SNIFFING the smells of the city to uncover hoomans and stories.
• BARKING or HERDING to move pieces around the board – hoomans, zombies, or your fellow dogs!
• CHEWING the zombies that just keep coming!
• And most importantly, BEING A GOOD DOGGO by using the special power unique to your dog!
As you play cards, you’ll howl to give energy to your pack, and zoom to chain together many actions into mega-turns!
But beware! After every turn, a new zombie enters the city. They’ll block your path, eat any hoomans they find, and get closer and closer to Central Bark! Work quickly, doggos, because the zombies will push your Feral Track higher and higher. If it reaches ten, you forget what it means to know the love of a hooman!
If you rescue six hoomans in time, you’ll build your forever home and win the game!
Good Dog, Bad Zombie comes with a number of difficulty settings that let you choose the challenge you want. Be heroic dogs and save those hoomans!
What Comes in the Box?
What hoomans (reviewers) are saying:
Good Dog, Bad Zombie’s execution of its theme is really well done. If you love dogs and dog puns, you’ll love seeing how dogs might view a zombie infested world. While zombie apocalypses are typically bleak, the dogs keep this game feeling cute and “hoomorous.”
GDBZ is an immersive dog-mind experience. Every single detail is saturated with flavor. It wouldn’t really surprise me if it was designed by an actual dog, or maybe a kindly werewolf. I mean that in a good way.
- Everything Board Games
The theme of the game is a lot of fun: I love the way that the scent cards describe the dogs’ reactions to things, the names of the various locations, and the silly flavor text on some of the energy cards.
...a refreshing and entertaining take on a zombieland setting...
- The Cardboard Republic
And here's a video review from The Board Game Inquisition:
Watch the How-to-Play Video
GDBZ's Eco-Friendly Production
GDBZ is printed on recycled materials with vegetable-based ink by Community Printers in California! Here are some behind the scenes clips from the game’s production: